Premier mulls Wytch Farm buy
Thursday 02 June 2011
Premier Oil is considering buying BP's 68 per cent stake in the Wytch Farm oil field in Dorset.
BP said in May it had agreed to sell its interests in Wytch Farm and surrounding oil fields under Poole Harbour and Poole bay to the privately held Anglo-French firm Perenco in a $610m (£372m) deal, but the sale is subject to partner pre-emption rights.
Premier, which after BP is the largest partner in Wytch Farm, with a 12.4 per cent stake, has until 16 June to decide whether it wants to increase its exposure to the largest onshore oil field in western Europe.
The field, which produces about 15,000 barrels a day, is in one of the most environmentally sensitive areas of Britain.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Rapper Ja Rule forced to deny leaving his wife for prison cell mate
Ten best places to live in the UK: Solihull comes top
Mysterious glowing ‘alien-like creature’ spotted in waters of Bristol Harbour. A jellyfish - or something fishy?
From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Video: Students 'punched and dragged to the ground by their hair' as police break up demonstration
- 5 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims
iJobs Money & Business
£50000 - £65000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Market Data SM...
£50000 - £70000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£70000 - £85000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£75000 - £85000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: An award win...