Premier raises Dorset oil stake
Premier Oil has agreed to pay $110m (£68m) to increase its stake in the Wytch Farm oil fields in Dorset, boosting its reserves at what it said was an inexpensive price.
Premier, which already owns 12 per cent of Wytch Farm, said yesterday it had exercised pre-emption rights to give it an additional 17.7 per cent interest in the assets, after the oil major BP agreed to sell its controlling stake to the unlisted French explorer Perenco.
The fields produce 13,000 barrels a day. Premier will pay $96m plus further payments of up to about $14.4m, dependant on government approval of development plans for the field.
Citigroup said it had valued the stake at $135m.
Some investors had expected Premier to buy the whole 68 per cent stake being sold by BP after its chief executive earlier this month said the company could exercise its pre-emption rights.
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
iJobs Money & Business
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Age Concern Slough a...
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Crossroads Care is s...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £35,000: SThree: We consistently strive to be ...
£50000 - £90000 per annum + benefits: Ampersand Consulting LLP: Markit EDM (CA...