Premier's new boss swings axe immediately
Gavin Darby, the incoming chief executive of Premier Foods, lost no time in stamping his mark on the Hovis-maker, sacking his chief operating officer on his first day in the top job.
Mr Darby, the former boss of Cable & Wireless Worldwide, announced Geoff Eaton would be leaving the company with immediate effect, despite the fact that he only joined the beleaguered food company in October.
Mr Eaton, the former boss of food maker Uniq, will not be replaced, with Mr Darby expected to assume a large portion of his duties.
A company spokesman said his departure would give "a flatter executive management structure…that will enable commercial and functional management to report directly to the CEO".
Mr Darby said: "I would like to thank Geoff for his contribution to the company and wish him well in his future career. I very much look forward to working with the management team to continue the transformation of Premier Foods."
Mr Darby replaced Michael Clarke, who left after just 18 months in charge.
- 1 2015 General Election: Green party will not appear in TV debate alongside Ukip – says BBC
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
iJobs Money & Business
£20000 - £23250 Per Annum pro rata: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Pro rata ...
£40 - 48k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Manager to join...
£45,000 - £65,000: Saxton Leigh: Our client is a well-known APAC Corporate and...
£60000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Compensation and Benefits Manager - Compensat...