Primark lands top spot in clothing
The discount fashion chain Primark reclaimed the crown of the UK's biggest clothing retailer over the summer, putting Marks & Spencer and Asda in the shade.
Primark grew its share of the clothing market, in terms of sales volumes, to 10.9 per cent, ahead of George at Asda's 10.8 per cent and 10.2 per cent at M&S for the 12 weeks to 15 August, according to Kantar Worldpanel fashion data. All three retailers and Kantar declined to comment. Primark and Asda typically get a summer boost from strong sales of cheap casualwear, such as T-shirts.
Meanwhile, Primark has hired Wolfgang Krogmann as its general manager for northern Europe, fuelling speculation of a launch into the Nordic countries.
Stand by for another DECADE of wet summers, say Met Office meteorologists
'Jail reckless bankers': Report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
World news in pictures
Google challenges US surveillance gagging order
- 1 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 2 'Jail reckless bankers': Report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
iJobs Money & Business
£600 - £750 per day: Orgtel: FATCA Project Manager - Banking - London - £600-...
£550 - £600 per day: Orgtel: Fidessa Analyst / PM - Banking - London - Up to £...
£55000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Pension: Orgtel: Quantitative Analyst, ...
£150 - £250 per day: Orgtel: KYC Analyst - London - Banking - £150-250/day C...