Primark lands top spot in clothing
Wednesday 27 October 2010
The discount fashion chain Primark reclaimed the crown of the UK's biggest clothing retailer over the summer, putting Marks & Spencer and Asda in the shade.
Primark grew its share of the clothing market, in terms of sales volumes, to 10.9 per cent, ahead of George at Asda's 10.8 per cent and 10.2 per cent at M&S for the 12 weeks to 15 August, according to Kantar Worldpanel fashion data. All three retailers and Kantar declined to comment. Primark and Asda typically get a summer boost from strong sales of cheap casualwear, such as T-shirts.
Meanwhile, Primark has hired Wolfgang Krogmann as its general manager for northern Europe, fuelling speculation of a launch into the Nordic countries.
- 1 Asteroid narrowly scrapes past Earth: how to watch the closest space rock for decades as it flies by
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
- 4 British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
- 5 Watch Richard Dawkins read his own hatemail: 'I hope you do get sodomised by satanic monkeys in hell'
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
Islamic history is full of free thinkers - but recent attempts to suppress critical thought are verging on the absurd
Leaked documents show Ukip leaders approve NHS privatisation once it becomes more 'acceptable to the electorate'
iJobs Money & Business
£30000 - £32000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, int...
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This rapidly expanding business...
£25 - 28k + Bonus: Guru Careers: An In-house / Internal Recruiter is needed to...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Tax Assistant is required to join a leading ...