Private banks: BofA ranks No 1
The top five firms in the private banking industry still come from America and Switzerland, led by Bank of America Merrill Lynch in first place with $2.1 trillion (£1.3trn) of assets under management, according to the annual Private Asset Managers Global 50.
Britain's HSBC is in sixth place on $377bn, a long way behind the top five, which all have about $1trn or more.
Wealth management is increasingly seen as a reliable revenue stream as investment banking comes under pressure, with Goldman Sachs saying this week it planned to expand in private banking.
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 3 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 4 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 5 'It was just like the movie Twister': Man survives Oklahoma tornado by taking refuge in horse stall
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
iJobs Money & Business
£850 - £1000 per day: Orgtel: Programme Change Manager - Banking - London - £8...
£180 - £230 per day: Orgtel: Operations Analyst - Leading Bank in the City of ...
£500 per day: Orgtel: A top tier banking client urgently requires Finance Busi...
£425 - £550 per day: Orgtel: Senior Finance Project Manager - £550 - Bristol -...