Private equity oils engines of growth
Wednesday 29 May 2013
Private equity firms have invested almost €250bn (£213bn) in businesses across Europe over the past five years, boosting innovation and productivity, it has been claimed.
In the 12 largest private equity markets in Europe, private equity pumped money into more than 19,400 companies between 2007 and 2012 and spurred the creation of a further 5,600 each year, according to a study by the consultancy Frontier Economics. The research also showed that 83 per cent of these are small and medium-sized businesses – the "engines of economic growth". Sectors attracting the most investment include life sciences and communications.
Vincenzo Morelli, the chairman of the European Private Equity and Venture Capital Association, said: "In light of the economic challenges we face in Europe, these findings clearly demonstrate that private equity has an indispensable role to play in delivering responsible, stable investment to companies of all sizes across Europe, regardless of the economic cycle."
Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
Royal Marine Sgt Alexander Blackman jailed for life for murder of Afghan insurgent
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£80000 - £100000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Project Manag...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£150 - £250 per day: Cornwallis Elt : iPhone Rollout- Blackberry Enginee...