Prudential may axe move threat
Saturday 11 August 2012
The threat of a departure of Prudential from these shores receded yesterday as chief executive Tidjane Thiam welcomed moves to improve Britain's regulatory environment for insurers.
Prudential has said it would consider upping sticks to Hong Kong unless European proposals on beefing up insurance company capital allowances were watered down.
However, Mr Thiam recognised the efforts made by the government to reduce the threat of European firms being made uncompetitive. "We are positive we will get equivalence," he said.
Profits powered 13 per cent higher to £1.3bn in the first half on the back of Asian expansion.
The insurer is racing ahead in its four largest Asian markets of Hong Kong, Indonesia, Singapore and Malaysia.
Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
UK weather: People urged to remain vigilant as high tides and strong winds continue through the night
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£150 - £250 per day: Cornwallis Elt : iPhone Rollout- Blackberry Enginee...
£55000 - £70000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: A well-known and renowned in...
£450 - £500 per hour: Cornwallis Elt : Business Analyst Finance System Hy...
£400 - £550 per day: Cornwallis Elt : BUSINESS ANALYST- OPERATIONS- PRIVATE B...