Pure Gym appoints Hawkpoint to review business
A chain of low-cost gyms backed by Tom Singh, the founder of fashion retailer New Look, has hired the corporate adviser Hawkpoint to review the business. The move is expected to lead to a sale.
Yorkshire-based Pure Gym recently raised £15m from Barclays to grow the business to 45 sites by the end of this year. This followed a £10m injection in 2010 by the private equity group Magenta Partners, whose main investor is Mr Singh.
Pure Gym, which charges £17.99 a month, is aimed at people who want to stay in shape but avoid the often costly membership fees of rival gym groups. Mr Singh founded New Look 43 years ago.
Jennifer Lawrence attacks mass media again over body image
Paris charity auction staged to save the ancient city of Tyre
scienceScientists find the answer to a question that even puzzled Darwin
A very timely Great Train Robbery and a frantic 24 Hours in A&E among the highlights
arts + entsThe 'Friends' actor on his new role as campaigner on addiction issues
Jennifer Lawrence: 'It should be illegal to call someone fat on TV'
Colin Farrell reveals ‘affair’ with Elizabeth Taylor: 'She was my last romantic relationship'
Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile
Devyani Khobragade: India-US row escalates over arrest of diplomat in New York
Peter O'Toole: Tales of the late film icon
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Ian Watkins: Paedophile Lostprophets singer sentenced to 35 years for child sex offences, as judge labels him a 'dangerous sexual predator'
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber announces he's 'retiring from music'
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: One of the leading providers of buy side technol...
£Attractive Package: Citifocus: Senior project manager with Fund Data experien...
£25000 - £30000 per annum + BONUS + BENEFITS: Harrington Starr: Junior busines...
£100000 - £120000 per annum + benefits : Pro-Recruitment Group: £££ Derivative...