Rajaratnam's brother charged with insider dealing
Thursday 21 March 2013
Prosecutors in New York have charged Rengan Rajaratnam, the brother of the convicted hedge fund manager Raj Rajaratnam, with conspiracy and securities fraud, accusing him of conspiring with his sibling in insider trading.
Raj Rajaratnam, who founded the Galleon Group hedge fund, is currently serving an 11-year sentence after being convicted of insider trading in 2011. His brother, who is reported to be living in Brazil and has not yet been arrested, has been accused of conspiring in insider trading between 2006 and 2008.
Rengan Rajaratnam is also facing civil insider trading charges.
The magicians using online collaboration to push boundaries
Jennifer Lawrence attacks mass media again over body image
Jennifer Lawrence: 'It should be illegal to call someone fat on TV'
Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
Ian Watkins: Police probed over earlier allegations as paedophile Lostprophets singer sentenced to 35 years for child sex offences
DNA from a 50,000 year old toe shows Neanderthals were highly inbred
Devyani Khobragade: India-US row escalates over arrest of diplomat in New York
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Ian Watkins: Police probed over earlier allegations as paedophile Lostprophets singer sentenced to 35 years for child sex offences
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£500 - £680 per day: Harrington Starr: Murex Business Analyst - 1000 CHF per d...
£60000 - £75000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A leading au...
£25000 - £32000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Junior Business Analyst - Banking...
£25000 - £35000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...