Rank investors accept Guoco's unwilling bid
Sunday 03 July 2011
Investors selling shares in Rank, owner of Mecca Bingo, are set to ignore an extraordinary plea from the Guoco Group to turn down its 150p-a-share takeover offer.
In May, Guoco bought a stake in Rank that brought its shareholding to 41 per cent. This took it well over the 29.9 per cent threshold forcing it to make a takeover bid under Takeover Panel rules.
But Guoco does not want to delist Rank and has appealed to the 15 per cent of investors who have accepted the offer to rethink.
An institutional investor with about 1 per cent who is selling out said: "We won't change our minds as we don't want to end up being an insignificant investor in an Asian company."
- 1 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£350 - £400 per annum + competitive: Orgtel: Project Manager (specializing in ...
£25000 per annum + OTE £40,000: SThree: Orgtel are seeking Graduate Trainee Re...
£45000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: ** HR Business Partner - Senior H...
£28000 - £32000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: PA / Team Secretary - Mat...