'Reform banks' group launched
Sunday 08 July 2012
Paul Moore, the HBOS whistleblower, is launching a lobbying group – The New Wilberforce Alliance – to spearhead a campaign for a full public inquiry to clean up the banking industry.
Mr Moore said: "We will petition the Government to launch a full and forensic investigation into what happened at Barclays but also the reasons leading up to the financial crash. We want a full public inquiry with at least three judges and three members of the public. "
The one-time KPMG partner was dismissed by HBOS after he warned its sales culture was toxic. But he went on to give explosive evidence to the Treasury Select Committee in February 2009.
The Wilberforce group hopes to create a coalition of support from think-tanks such as the New Economics Foundation and Compass which have also argued for a public inquiry into causes leading up to the crash.
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 3 Young Preston fan has play-off hero Jermaine Beckford's shirt stolen from him at Wembley - which then appears for sale on Gumtree
- 4 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
iJobs Money & Business
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£45,000 - £55,000: Neil Pavier: Are you looking for your next opportunity for ...
£45,000 - £55,000: Sheridan Maine: Are you a newly qualified ACA/ACCA/ACMA qua...
£50,000 - £60,000: Laura Norton: Are you looking for an opportunity within a w...