Relight my fire: Take That give HMV another boost
Sunday 07 December 2008
Sales of Take That’s latest album, ‘The Circus’, released last week, will have helped trading at HMV, the music and game retailer that reports half-figures on Thursday.
Take That’s single, ‘Greatest Day’, has been flying off the shelves at retailers across the country and was set to be Asda’s fastest-selling day one release ever, with 20,000 copies being sold on Monday. Analysts reckon that HMV, which also owns the Waterstones and Ottakar’s bookshops, will have weathered the downturn. Profit before tax more than doubled in the last year to April at £51m on sales of £1.9bn. Its shares are down from the year’s high of 150p but are still trading well at 111p.
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
- 3 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 4 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 5 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
iJobs Money & Business
£45000 - £50000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...
£50,000 - £55,000: Neil Pavier: Are you a professionally qualified commercial ...
£45,000 - £55,000: Loren Hughes: Are you looking for a new opportunity that wi...
Circa £45,000-£50,000 + benefits: Sheridan Maine: Are you a newly qualified ac...