Renault reports £1.7bn profits
Thursday 16 February 2012
French car maker Renault said today its earnings fell in 2011 compared to a year earlier, when it booked an exceptional €2 billion (£1.6 billion) gain on the sale of part of its stake in Sweden's Volvo.
Renault, France's second largest car producer behind Peugeot-Citroen, reported net profit of 2.1 billion euro (£1.7 billion), down from 3.4 billion euro (£2.8 billion) a year earlier, when earnings were boosted by the sale of Volvo shares Renault acquired when it sold its truck making division to the Swedish car maker in 2001.
The maker of Megane sedans and Twingo compact cars said in a statement today that it expects its core French car market to shrink by up to 8% this year, while the European car market where Renault makes well over half its sales will shrink 3-4%.
- 1 Asteroid narrowly scrapes past Earth: how to watch the closest space rock for decades as it flies by
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
- 4 British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
- 5 Watch Richard Dawkins read his own hatemail: 'I hope you do get sodomised by satanic monkeys in hell'
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
Islamic history is full of free thinkers - but recent attempts to suppress critical thought are verging on the absurd
Leaked documents show Ukip leaders approve NHS privatisation once it becomes more 'acceptable to the electorate'
iJobs Money & Business
£30000 - £32000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, int...
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This rapidly expanding business...
£25 - 28k + Bonus: Guru Careers: An In-house / Internal Recruiter is needed to...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Tax Assistant is required to join a leading ...