Road to Hong Kong: Topshop expands in the East
Sir Philip Green’s Topshop today took a major step on its journey to become a truly global brand by opening its first store in China.
The 14,000-square-foot shop in Queen’s Road Central, Hong Kong, will seek to draw in locals and expats with more than 300 new clothing items each week. Green, the billionaire owner of Arcadia, the fashion group behind the Topman, BHS, Miss Selfridge and Dorothy Perkins brands, said: “This is a very exciting step in the continued growth of Topshop as a global, yet uniquely British, brand.
“I am confident the fashion-loving Hong Kong customers will enjoy the retail experience and fantastic product offer.”
He is widely expected to launch Topshop into mainland China. The brand opened its fourth US store in Los Angeles this year, after openings in New York, Chicago and Las Vegas.
- 1 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Alex Salmond: 'The rocks would melt with the sun before I'd ever set foot in the House of Lords'
- 5 Ice Bucket Challenge: US firefighter Tony Grider dies after participating in charity craze near power lines
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
iJobs Money & Business
£400 - £450 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: **URGENT CONTRACT ROLE**...
Up to £100k or £450p/d: Saxton Leigh: My client is a leading commodities tradi...
£320 - £330 per day: Ashdown Group: The Ashdown Group have been engaged by a l...
To £75,000 + Pension + Benefits + Bonus: Saxton Leigh: My client is looking f...