Rolls-Royce lands £62m US Air Force contract
Monday 11 February 2013
Rolls-Royce has been awarded a $97.3 million (£61.9 million) contract by the US Air Force.
The contract sees the engineering group provide logistics and programme management support for the Air Force’s C-130J fleet and engineering services, spare parts and data support.
Paul Craig, president of Rolls-Royce’s defence customer services, said: “We are proud that the US Air Force has again chosen Rolls-Royce to deliver our innovative and cost-effective MissionCare support. Rolls-Royce has worked hard to develop service support that aligns our efforts with customer requirements for mission readiness.”
The group came under fire last week for announcing hundreds of job losses. Unite said 320 posts were being axed, mainly at the firm’s Derby and Bristol sites, and described the cuts as “unnecessary”.
Rolls-Royce has said the number it employs in the UK will remain constant or grow in the coming year.
- 1 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 4 Homer Simpson takes the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he does
- 5 Hello Kitty is not a cat after all
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: CITY - An excellent new instruction w...
£500 per day: Harrington Starr: SQL Server Developer SQL, PHP, C#, Real Time,...
£600 per day: Harrington Starr: C#.NET Developer C#, Win Forms, WPF, WCF, MVVM...