Royal Mail boss earned £1m
Royal Mail's chief executive, Adam Crozier, earned almost £1m last year, according to figures released yesterday.
Figures obtained by ITV1's Tonight programme show Mr Crozier's pay was made up of £633,000 in salary, a £139,000 bonus and a further £17,000 in benefits, plus a £206,000 cash supplement in place of a pension payment.
A spokesman for Royal Mail said Mr Crozier's pay was less than the year before, despite the business doubling its profits. Royal Mail is embroiled in a labour dispute, with talks set to resume today and fresh strikes threatened unless there is a breakthrough in the next few days. Leaders of the Communication Workers Union and bosses from Royal Mail spent the weekend considering a series of proposals that were drawn-up during marathon talks last week.
The backlog of mail caused by three days of strikes last week is estimated to have grown to between 50 and 60 million items. The union plans two further 24-hour national walkouts for next Friday and then Monday 9 November if no deal is reached.
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£44000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Confide...
£25000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: PHP Symfony2 Framewor...
£40000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A leading pr...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Market Data An...