Royal Mail plans huge West End development
Sunday 27 March 2011
Royal Mail is planning a huge retail, office and homes development right in the heart of the West End to raise money from its redundant property assets. It confirmed last week plans to lose 1,700 jobs, to cut costs, and to close two of its London distribution sites. It will, within weeks, submit a planning application for a site near Tottenham Court Road, on Rathbone Place. The site will be vacated in 2013 and once Royal Mail gets planning consent it will be sold.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Rapper Ja Rule forced to deny leaving his wife for prison cell mate
Ten best places to live in the UK: Solihull comes top
Mysterious glowing ‘alien-like creature’ spotted in waters of Bristol Harbour. A jellyfish - or something fishy?
From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Video: Students 'punched and dragged to the ground by their hair' as police break up demonstration
- 5 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims
iJobs Money & Business
£50000 - £65000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Market Data SM...
£50000 - £70000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£70000 - £85000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£75000 - £85000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: An award win...