SABMiller boss pockets £5.9m
Wednesday 27 June 2012
Graham Mackay, the chief executive of the brewer SABMiller, picked up a pay package worth £5.9m last year.
That was a 5 per cent rise on the £5.6m package of pay, perks and bonus he collected in 2010-11 and puts him among the top 20 best-paid FTSE 100 chiefs.
Mr Mackay will also see his base salary rise by 4 per cent this year from £1.24m to £1.29m, which SABMiller described as "in line with the increase for other UK-based employees".
The company also pointed out that in the year to March the brewer had increased its earnings per share and dividends by 12 per cent.
Mr Mackay's salary last year was augmented by a £1.69m short-term cash bonus and a long-term share-based bonus worth £2.5m. He also received pension payments and perks including a "beer allowance".
- 1 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 2 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 3 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- 4 Lady al-Qa’ida: On the trail of Dr Aafia Siddiqui, the world’s most wanted prisoner
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
Highly Attractive Salary: Austen Lloyd: BRISTOL - This is a very unusual law c...
£35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Network Engineer (CCNP, CCNA, Linux, OSPF,...
£50000 per annum: Harrington Starr: DevOps Engineer (Systems Administration, L...
£60000 - £70000 per annum: Harrington Starr: A prestigious leading professiona...