SABMiller boss pockets £5.9m
Graham Mackay, the chief executive of the brewer SABMiller, picked up a pay package worth £5.9m last year.
That was a 5 per cent rise on the £5.6m package of pay, perks and bonus he collected in 2010-11 and puts him among the top 20 best-paid FTSE 100 chiefs.
Mr Mackay will also see his base salary rise by 4 per cent this year from £1.24m to £1.29m, which SABMiller described as "in line with the increase for other UK-based employees".
The company also pointed out that in the year to March the brewer had increased its earnings per share and dividends by 12 per cent.
Mr Mackay's salary last year was augmented by a £1.69m short-term cash bonus and a long-term share-based bonus worth £2.5m. He also received pension payments and perks including a "beer allowance".
- 1 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 'Swivel-gate': David Cameron goes to war with the press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
iJobs Money & Business
£550 - £600 per day: Orgtel: Fidessa Analyst / PM - Banking - London - Up to £...
£450 - £500 per day: Orgtel: Sourcing Manager - Banking - London - Up to £500p...
To be discussed at interview.: Queen Elizabeth's School: An experienced and ef...
£294.05 - £330.92 per day + 150 per day travel and accommodation: Orgtel: A le...