Sales fall brings more woe to Mothercare
Mothercare has posted another set of dire, domestic trading figures as it pushes ahead with its store closures programme in Britain.
The baby product retailer's UK underlying sales tumbled by 6.7 per cent over the 15 weeks to 14 July. But overseas revenues jumped 11 per cent, driven by its rapid expansion to 1,053 stores in countries from Saudi Arabia to India.
Mothercare shut 16 domestic stores in the quarter as part of plans to close 111, leaving it with 200 shops in the UK by March 2015.
Simon Calver, chief executive of Mothercare, said the improved functionality of its new web platform had seen online sales grow over the last five weeks after a fall last year.
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Guide dog mauled while helping owner deliver Christmas cards
Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
N Korea confirms removal of Kim Jong-un’s 'depraved' uncle Jang Song Thaek
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£2000 - £25500 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: We are seeking an ...
£55000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior Java De...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: PHP Developer (Web Developer, MyS...
£55000 - £75000 per annum + 28 Days Holiday: Harrington Starr: Flex Developer ...