Sales growth returns at Morrisons
Morrisons has finally started to show signs of recovery, after a sustained period of weak trading.
The Bradford-based grocer grew its sales by 2.1 per cent in the four weeks to 12 May, a marked improvement on flat or falling revenue for much of the last year, Kantar Worldpanel says.
The performance put it ahead of Tesco's 1.9 per cent growth but behind Asda's 4.3 per cent and Sainsbury's market-busting 6.3 per cent rise over the four weeks. However, Morrisons remained the laggard of the big four, with sales up by just 1.2 per cent over the longer 12-week period, Kantar reported, compared with growth of 3.9 per cent in the wider market.
- 1 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 3 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 4 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time
- 5 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
iJobs Money & Business
£20 - 24k (Uncapped Commission - £35k Year 1 OTE): Guru Careers: We are seekin...
£20 - 24k + Benefits: Guru Careers: This is a great opportunity for an enthusi...
£280 - £320 per day: Ashdown Group: The Ashdown Group have been engaged by a l...
£400 - £450 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: **URGENT CONTRACT ROLE**...