Sales soar as Eco City moves to front of the taxi rank
Wednesday 22 May 2013
Eco City Vehicles, the supplier of the Mercedes Vito London taxi, took advantage of the fall into administration of its rival, Manganese Bronze, last year with sales of Vitos jumping from 331 vehicles to 561. It now claims four out of every 10 new cab sales in the capital.
However, Eco City also provides parts and after-service for Manganese vehicles, and overall revenue growth in the full year to December 2012 was held back to 38 per cent at £30.5m as Manganese limped on to the hard shoulder. Losses were cut sharply from £2.2m to £187,000.
The group is looking at supplying other types of vehicle to "complementary niche markets".
- 1 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 2 How to turn off/stop 'seen by' on Facebook: Disable it to make your chats seem less passive aggressive
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 'We're not heroes, just tourists': Swedish police officers on holiday stop vicious assault on New York subway
- 5 Buckingham Palace guard who attacked passers-by in 'most most violent piece of CCTV footage' police officer had seen walks free
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
General Election 2015: Britain would become a 'communist dictatorship' under Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon, claims wife of Michael Gove
Rupert Murdoch berated Sun journalists for not doing enough to attack Ed Miliband and stop him winning the general election
iJobs Money & Business
£24000 - £26000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...
£50000 - £55000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Business Analyst - Financial Service...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + OTE £45K: SThree: At SThree, we like to be differe...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + competitive: SThree: Did you know? SThree is the o...