Samsung Galaxy Apple turnover
Saturday 28 July 2012
Samsung's Galaxy smartphones are outselling rival Apple's iPhones by nearly two to one, leading to record second-quarter profits for the Korean technology giant.
Samsung saw operating profits hit an all-time high of 6.7trn won (£2.7bn) between April and June, 79 per cent above a year earlier.
Industry estimates suggest Samsung shipped over 50 million phones over the quarter – almost twice Apple's 26 million iPhones. Samsung also ended Nokia's reign as the top global handset-maker.
- 1 What, let gays get married? We must be bonkers
- 2 'Something passed underneath us, quite close': Airbus A320 has close encounter with UFO
- 3 Rocky Horror star Tim Curry 'suffers major stroke'
- 4 Lord of the Sings: Sir Christopher Lee, 91, to release heavy metal album
- 5 Exclusive: Woolwich killings suspect Michael Adebolajo was inspired by cleric banned from UK after urging followers to behead enemies of Islam
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.