Search on for the new Justin King at Sainsbury's
Sainsbury's has asked headhunters to form a succession plan ahead of Justin King's eventual departure as its chief executive, one of the most coveted roles in British business.
A report this weekend said chairman David Tyler has asked Egon Zehnder International to work on the plans, though Mr King will not leave for at least another year, giving him a decade at the helm during which he has been credited with turning the supermarket's fortunes around.
Commercial director Mike Coupe has already been touted as the likeliest internal candidate to fill King's big shoes: in its upcoming annual results, the CEO is likely to unveil a ninth successive year of profit growth.
A Sainsbury's spokeswoman said that Mr King remained "excited about the opportunities to grow and develop" Britain's third biggest supermarket chain, adding that talk of succession at this stage was "premature".
Culinary experts in The Netherlands thought it was 'fresh' and 'tasty'
- 1 Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
- 2 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a more fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 3 Jimmy Carr's controversial Oscar Pistorius joke goes too far at the Q Awards
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 NHS staff banned from drinking tea or coffee on the job because it looks like they're not working hard enough
Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a more fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
Isis releases first video showing the stoning of woman accused of committing adultery as her father shouts 'don't call me Dad'
Diwali: What is the festival of lights – and how is it celebrated around the world?
Nathan Cirillo: Final pictures emerge of soldier moments before he was shot dead by Ottowa gunman
Ottawa shootings: Terror strikes Canadian capital as attacks leave one soldier and one suspect dead
iJobs Money & Business
£350 - £360 per day: Ashdown Group: SQL Developer with T-SQL, Watford, Hertfor...
120-150k: Accountancy Action: We are looking for an experienced CFO from a min...
£24000 - £28000 per annum + bonus & benefits: Ashdown Group: IT Business Syste...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: The SThree group is a world le...