Shake-up as Sainsbury's starts new year
Tuesday 28 February 2012
Sainsbury's has reshuffled its senior management team, with a series of internal moves ahead of the grocer's new financial year next month.
The two big moves involve Roger Burnley and Helen Buck, who sit on its operating board. Mr Burnley, its retail and logistics director, will become managing director of general merchandise, clothing and logistics, while Ms Buck, the head of its convenience stores operation, moves to retail director. Simon Twigger, head of fresh and frozen, takes her role.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Ten best places to live in the UK: Solihull comes top
Mysterious glowing ‘alien-like creature’ spotted in waters of Bristol Harbour. A jellyfish - or something fishy?
From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
UK weather: Thousands evacuated along east coast as more surge tides forecast
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Nelson Mandela life story: An unconquerable spirit
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
iJobs Money & Business
£450 - £500 per hour: Cornwallis Elt : Business Analyst Finance System Hy...
£400 - £550 per day: Cornwallis Elt : BUSINESS ANALYST- OPERATIONS- PRIVATE B...
£50000 - £65000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Market Data SM...
£50000 - £70000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...