Shell boss in the money with £4.12m earnings
Shell's Swiss chief executive, Peter Voser, made a total of £4.12m in salary, bonuses and other benefits in 2012, while his British right-hand man, chief financial officer Simon Henry, scooped up £2m.
Mr Voser's payout, which includes a £1.3m salary and a £2.8m bonus, was 9 per cent lower than the previous year, after rising exploration and production costs reduced Shell's profits in 2012 by 6 per cent, to $27bn (£18bn) from $28.6bn.
Mr Voser saw his annual salary rise by 2.5 per cent, while Mr Henry's total pay, which includes an £813,500 salary and a £1.2m bonus, was 5 per cent lower.
The payouts were revealed in Shell's annual report. The FTSE 100 giant's profit for 2012 came in at $27bn.
Shares in Shell rose by 6p to 2,268p.
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
iJobs Money & Business
£400 - £450 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: **URGENT CONTRACT ROLE**...
Up to £100k or £450p/d: Saxton Leigh: My client is a leading commodities tradi...
£320 - £330 per day: Ashdown Group: The Ashdown Group have been engaged by a l...
To £75,000 + Pension + Benefits + Bonus: Saxton Leigh: My client is looking f...