Sky seals new City WiFi deal
Thursday 13 October 2011
The Cloud, the WiFi provider bought by BSkyB earlier this year, has secured a renewal of its contract to provide free services across the City of London.
The group, the largest provider of free public access WiFi in the UK, has been awarded a five-year extension to its existing deal. The company plans to overhaul the network and introduce new technology that will quadruple its wireless capacity.
The Cloud said an upgrade was essential following a huge rise in demand for data by smartphone and tablet users, and more people heading to the Square Mile.
The City of London Corporation first handed the contract to The Cloud in 2007. The corporation said that it was an "easy decision" to extend the contract to The Cloud.
- 1 Sabrina Corgatelli: US hunting tourist posts picture of herself with dead giraffe after Cecil the lion outrage
- 2 Katie Hopkins reveals fear she will die during brain surgery to cure epilepsy
- 3 Edward Heath 'child sex abuse' allegation: Investigation to be held into Wiltshire police handling of alleged claim in the 1990s
- 4 Dutch King Willem-Alexander declares the end of the welfare state
- 5 Tom Cruise: Reporters banned from asking actor about Scientology
Is Britain really full up? Are migrants taking our jobs? Leading academic answers the most common anti-immigration claims
Calais Migrant Crisis: Deputy Mayor of Calais labels Cameron's use of 'swarm' as 'racist' and 'ignorant'
Chris Leslie: Jeremy Corbyn's anti-austerity agenda will harm the poor, says Labour shadow Chancellor
While we fixate on Calais, the Home Office is quietly deporting dozens of migrants on 'ghost flights'
Landlords renting properties to illegal immigrants to face up to five years in prison
Calais crisis: The seven claims made about the migrants - and the reality
iJobs Money & Business
£21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity to join ...
Up to 70k DOE: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Financial Director ...
£11000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This financial company offer ma...
competitive + incentives + uncapped comms: SThree: Did you know? 98% of our di...