Small companies plan £75bn capital investment
Monday 11 July 2011
Small companies across the UK are planning to invest nearly £75bn in their businesses over the coming 12 months, according to a survey of small and medium-sized businesses.
The GE Capital poll shows that the vast majority – 92 per cent – of companies planned to plough funds into new computers, vehicles and the like.
However, despite having lost out on more than £8bn worth of new business as a result of out-dated equipment, the poll showed that UK companies still lagged behind their peers in Germany and France, who were looking to invest £130.7bn and £91bn, respectively, over the next year.
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Licence fee: What is the BBC charge – and how will the changes affect you?
- 3 This is what the photographer has to say about the picture of a weasel riding a woodpecker
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
iJobs Money & Business
£15000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity for...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: An outstanding new...
£20000 - £21000 per annum + uncapped commission: SThree: As a graduate you are...
£25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: A global leader operating...