Sony unveils two rivals to the iPad
Wednesday 27 April 2011
Sony has unveiled two rival products to Apple's iPad in a late bid to challenge in the tablet computer market. The S1 device is similar to Apple's market-leading tablet but the S2 is a radical two-screen computer that can be folded up when not in use.
Sony said the S2 would combine Google's Android operating system with dual 5.5-inch screens when it goes on sale in the autumn. It can also be used as a TV remote control and access Sony's film and TV download service. Apple, Motorola and BlackBerry already have rival products in the tablet market.
Sony did not say how much its new products would cost.
- 1 Woman falls to her death as she celebrates marriage proposal at the edge of Ibiza cliff
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Dad attempts revenge on teenage daughter, plan backfires spectacularly
- 5 Ball pool for adults opens in London
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
King Abdullah dead: We can't afford not to hold Saudi Arabia's royals to account
iJobs Money & Business
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager - Marke...
£13000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Pension Specialist was established ...
£23000 - £26000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Market Research Executive...