Southern Cross pleads for rent cut
Sunday 12 June 2011
The beleaguered care home operator Southern Cross Healthcare is finalising plans to give up the management of some of its homes to rival care operators and landlords.
It is thought Life Style Care, Four Seasons and BondCare, which all own some of Southern Cross's properties, are among operators and landlords in talks to take over the running of up to 13 homes. Southern Cross is withholding 30 per cent of rent due from the beginning of this month for its 750 care homes. The business had become locked in expensive rental agreements after its former owner, the private equity firm Blackstone, agreed the sale and leaseback deals.
Royal Marine Sgt Alexander Blackman jailed for life for murder of Afghan insurgent
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£80000 - £100000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Project Manag...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£150 - £250 per day: Cornwallis Elt : iPhone Rollout- Blackberry Enginee...