Stelios plans dozens of budget hotels in Africa
Sir Stelios Haji-Loannou, founder of easyJet, is expanding his orange hotel brand to Africa, with a budget property in Johannesburg developed with the FTSE-listed conglomerate Lonrho.
The 60-bedroom, seven-storey budget hotel, to open next Tuesday, is the first to be developed under a 20-year franchise agreement between Lonrho and easyHotel.com, which allows for 50 hotels to be opened by 2016. Lonrho has hotels across Africa, historically in the luxury sector.
Sir Stelios's easyGroup has 15 hotels in the UK, including seven in London, and rooms all have some element of orange. It claims: "We offer you the very best prices, and in return all we ask is for you to sacrifice a bit of luxury space."
- 1 Serena Williams apologises after comment that rape victim 'shouldn't have put herself in that position'
- 2 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 3 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 4 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 5 We never knew Nigella Lawson - and we still don’t
iJobs Money & Business
£500 - £600 per day: Orgtel: FX Options Front Office Java / C# Developer - Ba...
£600 - £700 per day: Orgtel: Project Manager - Front Office - Regulatory IT C...
£600 - £750 per day: Orgtel: FATCA Project Manager - Banking - London - £600-...
£550 - £600 per day: Orgtel: Fidessa Analyst / PM - Banking - London - Up to £...