Stelios plans dozens of budget hotels in Africa
Sir Stelios Haji-Loannou, founder of easyJet, is expanding his orange hotel brand to Africa, with a budget property in Johannesburg developed with the FTSE-listed conglomerate Lonrho.
The 60-bedroom, seven-storey budget hotel, to open next Tuesday, is the first to be developed under a 20-year franchise agreement between Lonrho and easyHotel.com, which allows for 50 hotels to be opened by 2016. Lonrho has hotels across Africa, historically in the luxury sector.
Sir Stelios's easyGroup has 15 hotels in the UK, including seven in London, and rooms all have some element of orange. It claims: "We offer you the very best prices, and in return all we ask is for you to sacrifice a bit of luxury space."
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 3 Young Preston fan has play-off hero Jermaine Beckford's shirt stolen from him at Wembley - which then appears for sale on Gumtree
- 4 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
iJobs Money & Business
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£45,000 - £55,000: Neil Pavier: Are you looking for your next opportunity for ...
£45,000 - £55,000: Sheridan Maine: Are you a newly qualified ACA/ACCA/ACMA qua...
£50,000 - £60,000: Laura Norton: Are you looking for an opportunity within a w...