Superdry fashion label boosts profit at SuperGroup
Friday 16 July 2010
The fashion retailer SuperGroup has tripled its annual profits and vowed to step up international expansion. The owner of the Superdry brand said it would open 20 stores in the UK this year and 38 overseas – in the Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East regions – as well as 16 concessions internationally.
Julian Dunkerton, the chief executive of SuperGroup, which also owns Cult clothing stores, a wholesale business and has 39 franchisees in 14 countries, said: "Superdry is fast becoming a truly global brand."
For the year to 2 May, SuperGroup more than tripled its underlying pre-tax profit to £26.5m, on group sales up 83.1 per cent to £139.4m. Shares in SuperGroup, which floated at 500p in March, rose 120p to 920p.
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£150 - £250 per day: Cornwallis Elt : iPhone Rollout- Blackberry Enginee...
£55000 - £70000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: A well-known and renowned in...
£450 - £500 per hour: Cornwallis Elt : Business Analyst Finance System Hy...