Superdry to become largest UK retailer to open in Turkey
The owner of the Superdry fashion brand has signed a deal with a franchise partner to launch stores in Turkey, becoming the latest UK retailer to open in the country.
SuperGroup has signed a five-year agreement with Demsa Group, and will open its first store in Istanbul in October. It will then launch another store in the capital and one in Ankara by early 2014.
Supergroup chief executive Julian Dunkerton said: "Turkey is a territory that has held our interest for some time and our partnership with Demsa Group offers the perfect opportunity to enter this diverse and growing market.
"Demsa Group has an excellent understanding of our brand ethos and we look forward to growing the partnership."
Demsa will also run Superdry shops within Harvey Nichols stores in Turkey. Marks & Spencer, Topshop and Tesco have stores in the country, which has a population of 74 million.
- 1 Ireland gay marriage vote: 'No' campaign appears to concede amid reports of 'yes' landslide victory
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
- 4 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
- 5 Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
iJobs Money & Business
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£45,000 - £55,000: Neil Pavier: Are you looking for your next opportunity for ...
£45,000 - £55,000: Sheridan Maine: Are you a newly qualified ACA/ACCA/ACMA qua...
£50,000 - £60,000: Laura Norton: Are you looking for an opportunity within a w...