SVG Capital ups its asset value by 15 per cent
Friday 26 April 2013
Hugo Boss's owner SVG Capital continued to gain momentum during the first quarter of the year with a 15 per cent jump in the value of its assets.
The quoted proxy for giant private-equity group Permira saw its net asset value increase by 13 per cent to 443p, having suffered last year on the back of its investment in the German fashion house.
Earlier this year, SVG sold a 50.1 per cent stake in its management arm SVG Advisers to Martin Gilbert's Aberdeen Asset Management for £17.5m. Aberdeen can buy the rest in three years for a minimum of £20m and a maximum of £35m.
SVG's first-quarter results came as its parent company Permira confirmed it had raised just €2.2bn (£1.9bn) for its latest fund, about half of its fund-raising target.
The private equity group spent almost two years trying to raise funds – underlining the difficulties some companies are having raising money.
- 1 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 2 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
Obama: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
David Cameron sets out immigration reforms: We should distrust Ukip and their 'snake-oil of simple solutions'
Ukip mocked after mistaking Westminster Cathedral – for a mosque
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
iJobs Money & Business
Excellent Package: Austen Lloyd: EAST ANGLIA - SENIOR SOLICITOR LEVEL ROLE** -...
£Attractive Package: Citifocus Ltd: Prestigious asset management house seeks a...
£Negotiable: Citifocus Ltd: This is a varied role focusing on the firm's mutua...
£90000 - £140000 per annum + benefits: h2 Recruit Ltd: Are you a high achievin...