Taxing time for Christmas markets
Tuesday 04 December 2012
Foreign traders at UK Christmas markets could be hit by hefty VAT bills this year, it has been warned.
The accountancy firm Blick Rothenberg said changes to European tax laws meant overseas traders no longer qualified for the £77,000 threshold on sales. Under the new rules this will only apply to businesses established in the UK.
Alan Pearce, a partner at Blick Rothenberg, said: "Will we see the VAT man snooping around Christmas markets like Scrooge demanding to see VAT-registration certificates? It could happen given that the Chancellor is trying to balance his books."
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
N Korea confirms removal of Kim Jong-un’s 'depraved' uncle Jang Song Thaek
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£44000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Confide...
£25000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: PHP Symfony2 Framewor...
£40000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A leading pr...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Market Data An...