Taylor Wimpey sells American arm
Friday 01 April 2011
Taylor Wimpey is selling its North American business to an investment partnership for $955m (£594m).
Taylor Wimpey, Britain's second-largest home builder, said its US and Canadian subsidiaries were being sold to TMM Holdings, a limited partnership controlled by funds affiliated with TPG Capital, Oaktree Capital Management and JH Investments. The North American businesses are headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Taylor Morrison, the US company, is the country's ninth-largest home builder by revenue. The Canadian branch, Monarch Homes, operates mainly around Toronto.
Taylor Wimpey says it will use the proceeds to narrow its pension deficit and support operations in Britain.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Guide dog mauled while helping owner deliver Christmas cards
Life on Earth may have developed below rather than above ground, reveal scientists
Nelson Mandela’s complex bond with Britain
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£35000 - £55000 per annum + BONUS + BENEFITS: Harrington Starr: A leading prov...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: Technical Ap...
£Attractive Package: Citifocus: Excellent, opportunities exist for high calibr...
£Attractive Package: Citifocus: Key purpose of the role will be to act as Fixe...