Telecom firm to cut energy bills
British Gas may have raised domestic bills by 7 per cent, but it is looking to help small businesses cut their costs.
XLN Telecom, the largest supplier of telecoms services to small UK businesses, has teamed up with British Gas Business and E.On to help companies reduce their energy bills. XLN's energy division will negotiate with the two energy giants on behalf of its clients to arrange cheaper utility contracts.
British Gas and E.On will pay XLN a fee for any of its customers who agree contracts. It is thought that other energy companies have similar arrangements with XLN.
The private-equity backed firm, which was founded by Christian Nellemann, has 120,000 clients – typically businesses with less than 10 workers. It launched the service for customers grappling with rising utility bills. XLN said small businesses's average winter heating bills would hit £394 a month up from £152 during the summer.
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 3 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 4 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 5 'It was just like the movie Twister': Man survives Oklahoma tornado by taking refuge in horse stall
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
iJobs Money & Business
£850 - £1000 per day: Orgtel: Programme Change Manager - Banking - London - £8...
£180 - £230 per day: Orgtel: Operations Analyst - Leading Bank in the City of ...
£500 per day: Orgtel: A top tier banking client urgently requires Finance Busi...
£425 - £550 per day: Orgtel: Senior Finance Project Manager - £550 - Bristol -...