Terra Firma 'set to raise funds'
Terra Firma, the private equity group run by Guy Hands, is expected to start fundraising within 12 months.
Private equity firms have struggled recently to raise money for funds, and Terra Firma has had a particularly hard time due to the fall-out from its EMI purchase. Investors made heavy losses on the music label after Mr Hands lost control of the business to lender Citi.
The cash in Terra Firma's last fund was drained by last month's £825m purchase of care homes group Four Seasons. Mr Hands has decided to raise money for buyouts on a deal-by-deal basis in the short-term following a similar model being used by Duke Street Capital after it recently failed in a fundraising.
A source close to Terra Firma insisted that "by this time next year there will be money under management from a fundraising". But a market source said it would be at least 18 months.
- 1 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 2 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 3 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- 4 Lady al-Qa’ida: On the trail of Dr Aafia Siddiqui, the world’s most wanted prisoner
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
Highly Attractive Salary: Austen Lloyd: BRISTOL - This is a very unusual law c...
£35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Network Engineer (CCNP, CCNA, Linux, OSPF,...
£50000 per annum: Harrington Starr: DevOps Engineer (Systems Administration, L...
£60000 - £70000 per annum: Harrington Starr: A prestigious leading professiona...