Tesco chief Clarke given speeding ban
Monday 15 July 2013
Tesco boss Philip Clarke has been banned from driving for six months after being caught speeding.
The 53-year-old Liverpudlian received an automatic ban after accumulating more than 12 penalty points in his Jaguar XJ, it emerged on Sunday.
The ban is unlikely to impact Clarke’s day-to-day working life as he uses a driver.
A spokesman for the company said: “Philip Clarke regrets this matter and accepts the decision to suspend his licence.”
Mr Clarke, who joined Tesco in 1974, succeeded Terry Leahy as the supermarket retailer’s chief executive in 2011.
He has endured a torrid few months of late and confirmed in April that Tesco would exit its loss-making Fresh & Easy business in the US at the same time as Tesco posted a 50 per cent fall in annual profits, the first drop in 20 years.
- 1 Gun instructor accidentally shot dead by nine-year-old girl with Uzi gun
- 2 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 3 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 4 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 5 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Jeremy Clarkson is a cultural tumour and needs to be removed, says comedian Frankie Boyle
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£40000 - £48000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: C# Devel...
£45000 - £60000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: C# Swift...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: A fast growing Financial Services organisation b...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + excellent benefits: Harrington Starr: An award-win...