Tesco dairy fixing fine is cut to £6.5m
Tuesday 26 February 2013
Tesco will pay a reduced £6.5m fine for its part in a dairy price-fixing scandal following an appeal ruling.
The £10m fine initially imposed was cut after the retailer won a partial victory against the Office of Fair Trading. The Competition Appeal Tribunal overturned more than half of the findings by the OFT that Tesco colluded with other retailers and suppliers to fix cheese prices, which the regulator estimated had added 2p to a litre of milk.
The tribunal said there was "insufficient evidence" Tesco was involved in a concerted effort to rig cheese prices in 2003. But it upheld the OFT's conclusion that it communicated its pricing to rivals through a supplier three times in 2002.
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
iJobs Money & Business
£15000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company offers a range of ...
£15000 - £16000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Customer Service Advisors are r...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £45K: SThree: SThree were established in 1986....
£40000 - £60000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Compliance Manager is require...