Tesco hit by checkout failure
Monday 11 May 2009
Tesco has been rocked by an IT failure that has resulted in its main checkout tills being down in up to 150 of its larger stores this morning.
A Tesco spokesman said the problem with its electronic point of sale systems was caused by a routine IT update last night and that between 100 and 150 stores were affected.
Customers in the affected stores are being advised to use the self-service tills and staff are doubling up on those check outs to help out customers.
The Tesco spokesman said that many tills were now working again and staff were “working damn hard” to ensure that the problem was resolved as soon as possible. Local newspapers have reported snaking queues in some of the affected stores. Tesco has more than 2,000 stores in the UK.
- 1 Asteroid narrowly scrapes past Earth: how to watch the closest space rock for decades as it flies by
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
- 4 British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
- 5 Watch Richard Dawkins read his own hatemail: 'I hope you do get sodomised by satanic monkeys in hell'
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
Islamic history is full of free thinkers - but recent attempts to suppress critical thought are verging on the absurd
Leaked documents show Ukip leaders approve NHS privatisation once it becomes more 'acceptable to the electorate'
iJobs Money & Business
£30000 - £32000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, int...
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This rapidly expanding business...
£25 - 28k + Bonus: Guru Careers: An In-house / Internal Recruiter is needed to...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Tax Assistant is required to join a leading ...