Tesco sees turnaround in its UK business
Tesco grew its core grocery sales significantly ahead of Sainsbury's, Asda and Morrisons in the run-up to Christmas, in the latest sign of a turnaround in its UK business.
Tesco delivered a 6.7 per cent leap in food and drink sales over the four weeks to 23 December, according to Kantar Worldpanel. This compares with Asda's growth of 3.7 per cent and a 3.3 per cent rise at Sainsbury's, while Morrisons saw sales fall by 0.6 per cent.
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Bloody attack brings terror to capital’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 4 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 5 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.