Tesco slashes prices again
The supermarket giant Tesco is to cut prices on 1,000 products from today, extending its promotional campaign launched in September.
Richard Brasher, the chief executive of Tesco's UK operation, gave an upbeat assessment of the earlier Big Price Drop. He said: "If I look at transaction counts and if I look at underlying volume, both of them have improved." However, the latest data showed Morrisons is the fastest growing of the big four grocers.
Tesco is today slashing the price on 1,000 staple items, including vegetables and fruit. Its third-quarter results are on 8 December.
Newcastle winger reveals he has testicular cancer - and is losing his trademark long hair as a result
Actors star in Woody Allen's 'Magic in the Moonlight'
Human faces unique 'because we don't recognise each other by smell'
Man's attempt to avoid being impounded heavily criticised
- 1 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Say yes to 'no-poo': It's been three years since I stopped washing my hair
- 4 Grandmas keep accidentally tagging themselves as Grandmaster Flash on Facebook
- 5 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Sports Direct security guard allegedly banned Jewish schoolboys and told them: 'No Jews, no Jews'
Jennifer Lawrence and Kate Upton nude pictures exhibition cancelled after artist concedes photos were 'stolen property'
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time: 'That was the lowest I'd ever felt'
Richard III: Two years after his body was found scientists discover how he died
iJobs Money & Business
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: Real Staffing are currently lo...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £35,000 first year: SThree: The SThree group i...
£20 - 24k (Uncapped Commission - £35k Year 1 OTE): Guru Careers: We are seekin...
£20 - 24k + Benefits: Guru Careers: This is a great opportunity for an enthusi...