That takes the pip! Apple brand forces name change at cider store
People calling with an iPod problem were told to have a nice cider to get over it
A cider store owner has been forced to change the name of his business - after The Apple Shop was inundated by callers asking for phone and computer repairs.
Geoff Fisher has sold cider and juice from the shop at Wroxham Barns in Norfolk since 1993.
But since the opening of the Apple Store in Norwich four years ago he has received an increasing number of calls from iPhone and iPad owners.
He said: "People would call up and say they had a problem with their iPod and I told them to chuck it away and have a nice cider to get over it."
His number is next to the Apple Store in the phone book and, because it has a local prefix, he believes customers prefer to ring him rather than the technology giant.
He estimates that he receives up to 24 calls a week.
In one call, an elderly man contacted him to say he had "been silly and bought his first computer", an Apple Mac, at the age of 87.
Mr Fisher agreed he had been silly and told him: "Give it to your grandchildren".
From Easter, the shop will be renamed The Norfolk Cider Company to coincide with a refurbishment.
Serena Williams apologises after comment that rape victim 'shouldn't have put herself in that position'
Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
World news in pictures
Google challenges US surveillance gagging order
- 1 Serena Williams apologises after comment that rape victim 'shouldn't have put herself in that position'
- 2 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 3 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 4 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 5 We never knew Nigella Lawson - and we still don’t
iJobs Money & Business
£500 - £600 per day: Orgtel: FX Options Front Office Java / C# Developer - Ba...
£600 - £700 per day: Orgtel: Project Manager - Front Office - Regulatory IT C...
£600 - £750 per day: Orgtel: FATCA Project Manager - Banking - London - £600-...
£550 - £600 per day: Orgtel: Fidessa Analyst / PM - Banking - London - Up to £...