The Government has today named and fined over 30 employers that failed to pay their workers the minimum wage.
Scroll down for full list
Among the 37 businesses identified by Business Minister Jo Swinson were fashion retailer H&M and motorway services company Welcome Break.
H&M failed to pay £2,604.87 to 540 UK workers, while Welcome Break owed £1,318.70 to 19 workers.
Other companies listed on the roll of shame include Kings Group and Kings Group Lettings in Hertfordshire, which neglected to pay £53,808.91 to 53 workers and £26,893.43 to 49 workers respectively. Meanwhile, Chi Yip Group in Middleton owed £15,566.78 to 13 workers.
In total the firms owe employees over £177,000 in arrears and have been charged financial penalties totalling over £51,000.
The latest catalogue of names follows a list of 55 employers that were identified after the naming regime came into force in October 2013. Those companies had total arrears of over £139,000 and total penalties of over £60,000.
Ms Swinson said: "Paying less than the minimum wage is illegal, immoral and completely unacceptable. If employers break this law they need to know that we will take tough action by naming, shaming and fining them as well as helping workers recover the hundreds of thousands of pounds in pay owed to them."
She added: "We are also looking at what more we can do to make sure workers are paid fairly in the first place. As well as being publicly named and shamed, employers that fail to pay their workers the National Minimum Wage face penalties of up to £20,000. We are legislating through the Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Bill so that this penalty can be applied to each underpaid worker rather than per employer."
The current National Minimum Wage rates are £6.50 per hour for adults aged 21 and over, £5.13 for 18 to 20-year-olds, £3.79 for 16 to 17-year-old and the Apprentice rate is £2.73.
The 37 cases named today were thoroughly investigated by HM Revenue and Customs after workers made complaints to the free and confidential Pay and Work Rights Helpline.
The 37 employers are:
1. Kings Group LLP, Hertfordshire
Neglected to pay £53,808.91 to 53 workers
2. Kings Group Lettings LLP, Hertfordshire
Neglected to pay £26,893.43 to 49 workers
3. Chi Yip Group Ltd, Middleton
Neglected to pay £15,566.78 to 13 workers
4. Kingsclere Nurseries Ltd trading as Abacus Day Nursery, Newbury
Neglected to pay £12,904.19 to 8 workers.
5. Ms Thap Thi Ly trading as Sweet N Sour, Fleetwood
Neglected to pay £11,039.14 to 2 workers
6. Michael Kearney trading as Electrical Estimates, Ceredigion
Neglected to pay £5,557.91 to 4 workers
7. ABC Early Learning and Childcare Centre UK Ltd, Wolverhampton
Neglected to pay £5,329.25 to 68 workers
8. C J Hartley Ltd trading as Headwork, Sheffield
Neglected to pay £4,762.64 to 4 workers
9. Mrs Kelly Jayne Lockley trading as Diva Hair Design, Walsall
Neglected to pay £4,103.65 to a worker
10. Browncow Tanning Ltd trading as Fake Bake Hair & Beauty Boutique, Glasgow
Neglected to pay £3,406.66 to 2 workers
11. J Wood Joiners & Builders Ltd, Edinburgh
Neglected to pay £3,373.19 to 4 workers
12. Louise Ross Trading as Luxe Salon, Leeds
Neglected to pay £3,368.13 to a worker
13. H&M Hennes & Mauritz UK Ltd, London
Neglected to pay £2,604.87 to 540 workers
14. Building Projects Ltd, Dundee
Neglected to pay £2,345.85 to 3 workers
15. David A Farrer Ltd, Morecambe
Neglected to pay £2,261.00 to a worker
16. Julian’s Hair Salon Ltd, Newbury
Neglected to pay £2,131.35 to a worker
17. Motorists Discount Store Ltd trading as TMS Autoparts, Manchester
Neglected to pay £2,025.19 to a worker
18. Ms Dawn Platts trading as Level 2 Hair Studio, Barnsley
Neglected to pay £1,186.89 to a worker
19. Myers and Family Ltd, Wakefield
Neglected to pay £1.598.82 to a worker
20. Welcome Break Holdings Ltd, Newport Pagnell
Neglected to pay £1,318.70 to 19 workers
21. Callum Austin Ltd trading as Jason Austin Hairdressers, Kettering
Neglected to pay £1,899.66 to 2 workers
22. Mrs Karen Riley Trading as Crave, Preston
Neglected to pay £1,179.09 to 7 workers
23. RPM Performance Rally World Ltd, Maldon
Neglected to pay £998.71 to a worker
24. Ego Hair & Beauty (Anglia) Ltd, Colchester
Neglected to pay £985.55 to a worker
25. Mr Jinit Shah trading as Crystal Financial Solutions, Middlesex
Neglected to pay £941.65 to a worker
26. Counted4 Community Interest Company, Sunderland
Neglected to pay £930.73 to a worker
27. HAE Automotive Services Ltd, Harrogate (ceased trading)
Neglected to pay £798.16 to a worker
28. Vision on Digital Ltd, Ossett
Neglected to pay £683.86 to a worker
29. Ultimate Care UK Ltd, Ipswich
Neglected to pay £613.79 to 7 workers
30. Century Motors (Sheffield) Ltd, Sheffield
Neglected to pay £571.72 to a worker
31. Mr D Eastwell & Mr G Brinkler trading as The Salon, Letchworth Garden City
Neglected to pay £409.85 to a worker
32. Rumble (Bedworth) Ltd, Nuneaton
Neglected to pay £404.41 to a worker
33. Shannons Ltd, Worthing
Neglected to pay £313.76 to a worker
34. Holmes Cleaning Company, Worksop
Neglected to pay £240.48 to a worker
35. Learnplay Foundation Ltd, West Bromwich
Neglected to pay £224.73 to a worker
36. Adrien Mackenzie trading as Maverick Models, Manchester
Neglected to pay £205.52 to a worker
37. QW Security Ltd, Hartlepool
Neglected to pay £126.20 to a worker