Tognum backs new bid from Rolls
Tognum's board is backing a sweetened €26-a-share offer from the car and truck maker Daimler and the engineer Rolls-Royce, marking a decisive step in the suitors' bid for control of the German engine-maker. The offer values Tognum at €3.4bn (£3bn), the equivalent of 11.3 times its recent annual core earnings.
The pair have also lowered the bid threshold from 50 to 30 per cent. A takeover will allow Rolls to expand its marine and diesel power business while Daimler will re-establish closer ties with a major buyer of its diesel truck engines, which Tognum retools for specialist purposes.
- 1 Should Apple buy Greece?
- 2 Michael Douglas regrets 'embarrassing' Catherine Zeta-Jones with oral sex comments
- 3 Drummer Lee Rigby's family reject 'extremist' groups using Woolwich murder for political gain
- 4 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 5 Fox News anchor asks 'what's to prevent' three people from marrying after same-sex marriage legalised
The moment a Queen's Guard soldier lost it and drew his gun at annoying tourist
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Extend Right To Buy to tenants of private landlords, Labour's Jeremy Corbyn says
David Cameron struck double blow in his hopes to win Britain a new EU deal
Pentagon accuses Russia of 'playing with fire' over nuclear threats towards Nato
iJobs Money & Business
£22500 - £27000 per annum + OTE £45K: SThree: Since our inception in 1986, STh...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This extremely successful and well-established...
Competitive with monthly bonus: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced FX...
Competitive (Freelance) : Guru Careers: An Investment Writer / Stock Picker is...