Travelodge to launch 99p cream tea
Forget West Country farmhouses, the budget hotel chain Travelodge is launching a 99p cream tea.
Guests at its top holiday spots will receive an extra large scone, a pot of Cornish clotted cream, a choice of strawberry or raspberry jam and a collection of teas.
According to a Travelodge poll of 6,000 adults, 64 per cent of Britons enjoy afternoon tea. Half the respondents associated having an afternoon tea with a UK holiday or short break. One in seven scoffed one when they were feeling 'down in the dumps.'
“Our seaside and tourism locations are booming and we know that these customers want to enjoy our culture’s great traditions including the cream tea," said Guy Parsons, Travelodge UK's managing director.
Nicholas Rodda, managing director of Cornwall's most famous clotted cream company Rodda, said a cream tea was "an affordable way to indulge yourself."
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
- 3 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 4 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 5 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
iJobs Money & Business
£45000 - £50000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...
£50,000 - £55,000: Neil Pavier: Are you a professionally qualified commercial ...
£45,000 - £55,000: Loren Hughes: Are you looking for a new opportunity that wi...
Circa £45,000-£50,000 + benefits: Sheridan Maine: Are you a newly qualified ac...