Tui has a boost from Brits fleeing summer
The tour operator Tui Travel has shown again how it is benefiting from the woes of it rival Thomas Cook.
The company posted strong fourth-quarter sales as Britons headed to Ibiza, Turkey and Jamaica to escape the wet summer and reaffirmed that it is on track to meet City forecasts of increased operating profits of £480m for the year to 30 September. In contrast, Thomas Cook posted a £25.4m loss for the quarter to the end of June.
- 1 What, let gays get married? We must be bonkers
- 2 'Something passed underneath us, quite close': Airbus A320 has close encounter with UFO
- 3 Rocky Horror star Tim Curry 'suffers major stroke'
- 4 Lord of the Sings: Sir Christopher Lee, 91, to release heavy metal album
- 5 Exclusive: Woolwich killings suspect Michael Adebolajo was inspired by cleric banned from UK after urging followers to behead enemies of Islam
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.