Tullett chief gets £7.5m despite profit fall
Thursday 12 April 2012
Terry Smith picked up £7.5m in pay, bonuses and dividends last year as the chief executive of the broking giant Tullett Prebon. That was despite a 9 per cent fall in pre-tax profits to £136m.
Mr Smith's basic pay has been unchanged at £650,000 since 2005. His bonus in 2011 fell from £3.7m to £3.38m, half of which he received in cash and half in shares that he must hold on to for at least three years. He also received free shares currently worth £1.85m under the firm's long-term incentive plan.
How much of this he will be given depends on the broker's performance over the next three years.
As the largest individual shareholder, Mr Smith picked up dividends totalling £1.6m for 2012.
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Lana Del Rey rape video: Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking leaked footage
- 5 Kenya bus attack: Al-Shabaab militants kill 28 non-Muslims who failed to recite Koran
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Myleene Klass: Ed Miliband 'strikes back' by comparing UK's need for Labour's mansion tax to Hear'Say track
iJobs Money & Business
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Age Concern Slough a...
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Crossroads Care is s...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £35,000: SThree: We consistently strive to be ...
£50000 - £90000 per annum + benefits: Ampersand Consulting LLP: Markit EDM (CA...