UK Mail benefits from online boom
Friday 13 April 2012
Britons' growing love for online shopping helped demand for parcel deliveries at UK Mail, the private post deliverer, leap 10 per cent in the first three months of this year.
Overall, the company's revenues rose by 14 per cent in the first three months of 2012, accelerating earlier growth rates and helping its earnings rise 8 per cent in the year to April.
But UK Mail said: "We continue to assume that UK economic conditions will remain tough throughout 2012 and tight control of our costs will remain a key focus."
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
Nelson Mandela dead: South Africa's first black president and anti-apartheid icon dies at 95
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
UK weather: Thousands evacuated along East Coast of England as more surge tides forecast
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£55000 - £70000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: A well-known and renowned in...
£450 - £500 per hour: Cornwallis Elt : Business Analyst Finance System Hy...
£400 - £550 per day: Cornwallis Elt : BUSINESS ANALYST- OPERATIONS- PRIVATE B...
£50000 - £65000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Market Data SM...