UPS is boosted by tie-in with parcels rival
Tuesday 20 March 2012
United Parcel Service is to pay $6.85bn (£4.32bn) for its Dutch peer TNT Express in a deal that will boost the position of the world's largest packages delivery company outside the United States.
UPS will become the market leader in Europe and also get access to TNT's stronger networks in the fast-growing Asian and Latin American markets, increasing the US company's global sales to more than $60bn and leaving it with 477,000 employees.
The deal will take UPS's revenue outside the US to 36 per cent of total projected annual revenue of $60bn, up from 26 per cent yesterday. In particular, it will increase UPS's presence in Brazil and Australia.
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Fearne Cotton quits Radio 1 after ten years for 'family and new adventures'
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
iJobs Money & Business
£40000 - £50000 per annum + pro rata: SThree: SThree Group have been well esta...
£30000 - £37000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Established in 1999, a highly r...
£250-£300 Day Rate: Jemma Gent: Are you a qualified accountant with strong exp...
£230 - £260 Day Rate: Jemma Gent: Do you want to stamp your footprint in histo...